The National SOGIE Center provides technical assistance and implementation support on creating culturally responsive systems for children, youth, and families with diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. Our team is comprised of national experts from diverse disciplines who can help meet your specific needs around diverse sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
How We Support Implementation
Click the topics to learn how the National SOGIE Center supports implementation in each.
- Basic and advanced healthy SOGIE development
- Best and promising practices that support LGBTQ+ children, youth, and young adults and their families
- Identity specific content (non-binary, transgender youth, intersectionality, etc.)
- Clinical and care management practices with LGBTQ+ children, youth, young adults and their families
- Designing and implementing best and evidence-based practices for youth with diverse SOGIE
- Implementing and evaluating system change for effectiveness
- Building SOGIE responsive and affirming service arrays
- TA on financing new initiatives or interventions related to diverse SOGIE
Examples of LGBTQ+ policy that the Center can help design and implement:
- Non-discrimination policies (anti-racist/affirming policies)
- Clothing policies/inventories
- Room arrangements in foster homes or congregate care settings
- SOGIE disclosure and confidentiality
- Transgender affirming health care
- Guidance and implementation support around mandated inclusive practices (eg, SOGIE data collection)
Examples of research and evaluation efforts the Center can undertake:
- SOGIE data collection
- Developing fidelity instruments
- Developing research measures and protocols related to SOGIE
- Conducting evaluation of SOGIE focused interventions
- Using data to support capacity building, systems change, etc.